Saturday 24 November 2012

Life as we know it

Its ridiculously funny how for granted we take every breath we take, day in and day out. Now I don’t want to come out as critical religious type but I have seen a lot of life changing and in some case, life ending events to give me a profound respect for life. Seeing a business tycoon being reduced to a homeless beggar symbolizes how quickly life can take a turn. And seeing a young Army Captain lose his life because of a split second freak accident before his professional life could even begin was enough to shake me to the core and seriously re-prioritize my life. Make no mistake, I spent two or three sleepless nights and failed a Math exam but the life altering epiphany did come. Okay, I may have failed the Math exam because I’m terrible at it but yes, a lesson was learned and a vision was broadened.
Conclusion would be that man is a frail and vulnerable being and there is no doubt that there is a supreme power that is awe-inspiring and almighty. The evidence is all around us. Its upto us whether we ignore it or heed to it and make Life as We Know It worth the while.

By:M.Daniyal Haroon

4 comments:

  1. Very well written. The signs are clear around us and its up to us to decipher it as such.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely thought provoking. There is no doubt how we take things for granted and realize its true worth once it is taken away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a very good thought....indeed a true storyyy life teaches us ,many things and a person learns his whole life....but u could have included some examples

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well composed.... Life teaches us many lessons.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger news

 

My Blog List

Translate

"I" Believe